a bit of "composting" advice please

  • Subject: [cg] a bit of "composting" advice please
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:28:45 EDT

Can I dig some food scraps directly into the ground around plants in my
vegetable garden, such as egg shells, coffee grounds, etc?  Or is it a must  to
use a compost pile.  Not to sound too lazy, but I'm wondering which  things
could be dug in and which really should be put into a compost pile.   In this
season, I mostly have egg shells and coffee, a few ends of fresh greens,  but most
of the fresh produce I use generates little waste.
Judy Tiger, WashDC