Fwd: Summer Solstice Volunteers needed...and other news...

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: Summer Solstice Volunteers needed...and other news...
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 15:09:08 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Andorfer <joseph@undertheporch.com>
To: joseph@undertheporch.com
Sent: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:59:17 -0400

SUMMER SOLSTICE CELEBRATION
The sign up sheet is up in the shed for this Season's Summer Solstice
Celebration on Saturday, June 18th.  In addition to setup and take down we
also need volunteers to sell t-shirts/mugs, give garden tours, work at the
Solstice fun table and the amulet-making table.  So if you haven't been able
to help out yet this season, here's your big chance.

VOLUNTEER DAY THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 12TH, 11am-3pm
Well I have had more fun than any one person can have with compost...so I
want to share the joy and we will be "harvesting" our first batch of
finished compost with our new Compost Condo at this volunteer day.  We'll
also be doing some last minute cleanup in preparation for the Solstice
Celebration (for those not interested in romping in the compost).  Plenty to
do.  Come out and help.  Really.  Please.

JULY 4th PICNIC
Yes, another sign-up sheet will soon be in the shed for the July 4th picnic.
Setup, takedown, barbequers, t-shirt sellers, etc.  Look for it.  Sign up
for it, eh?

NEW GARDENERS
Welcome Katherine Consuelo Johnson who is subletting W71.  Also welcome
Bertha Gaitaee who is taking over C53 -- and we say farewell to Susan Skeels
who has had C53 for the last 18 years!!

THE BEES ARE BACK IN TOWN
If you haven't visited the hive yet, stop by and take a look at our new hive
that arrived June 1st.  Thanks to Sid Glaser and Mike (who's last name I
don't know) for all of their hard work getting the new hive together.

Thanks everyone,

Joseph Andorfer
Plots Coordinator
Clinton Community Garden