Re: cg summer program grades 1-5

  • Subject: Re: [cg] cg summer program grades 1-5
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:05:00 EDT

As I get older, I get lazier - if a wheel has been invented, I'll slap it on
my wagon in a heartbeat.  The Brooklyn Botanical Garden's 92 year old
children's garden program is truly wonderful.

A few years back, my late wife Allegra and I toured the Brooklyn Botanical
Garden with a docent that Brooklyn Greenbridge director and ACGA had set up for
us as an anniversary gift.  We were especially impressed with their Children's
Garden program, which seemed like a children's wonderland of small trowels
and wheelbarrows, and intent young gardeners.

It would be hard to duplicate in a summer, but if you get some programming
information from the BBG - I'd contact Ellen Kirby at  ellenkirby@bbg.org -
there are plenty of "wheels" up there with child sized weeders. I'm sure there are
copies of curriculum in the library there as well.

Best wishes and good luck,
Adam Honigman