Re: advice needed on mulch for paths

  • Subject: Re: [cg] advice needed on mulch for paths
  • From: "Robin, Maya, or Napi" seafloorgarden@g3inc.net
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:25:07 -0400

Happy Summer, Jude,

    Pea gravel paths make weeding very easy if anything does ever
actually poke through.  Too deep, though, & it interferes with
wheelbarrows & persons of limited mobility.  Pea gravel is both
natural & attractive.  We have river gravel, round, pea-size,
even children can walk on it barefoot.  Mostly clay colors, but
if you look closely, there is a rainbow of individual shades,
from white, pink, orange, a spectrum of browns, greys to black .
It looks like a pebble stream bed, but it drains well.  Pea
gravel does not break down & have to be replaced in a season or
two, which can be a considerable savings year after year if there
is no donor for other materials.

Best wishes,
Napi, Richmond, Virginia, USA

Jude Carson wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> Here in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, where the rain
hasn't stopped yet