Trying to get started

Hello,
My name is Adam Levy and I am the Volunteer Coordinator for a Schenectady New York based organization called Living Resources.  We are a not for profit organization which serves children and adults with developmental disabilities in a number of different capacities.  I am in the process of working with one of our programs to start a community garden that all of our consumers would be able to enjoy.  If anyone has any suggestions on good locations to find funding, materials, or any other resources please e-mail me at levya@livingresources.org.  We are looking to break ground soon and would appreciate any and all input.  Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from other enthusiastic gardeners soon.
Sincerely,
Adam Levy