Pesticides

Our organization is setting up a community garden on Prudence Island, RI.
We are in the process of drawing up rules and regulations.  Our garden will
have 30 10x20 ft plots in a fenced 150x95 ft area.  Although we favor organic
gardening techniques we do not anticipate enforcing strict organic gardening
standards.  I have two questions. 1.  Are there our community garden
directors that would be willing to share with us their rules/regulations as
possible models?  2.  If we were to allow some pest and disease control
agents, i.e., sevin dust, does anyone have a list of those agents rated on
their toxicity to the environment and their potential for community garden
use?
Judi Foster