getting kicked out!

We are in Livermore California. Our small community garden has been in a
location for 20 years, that is to become the new community center complex.
While this has been understood and known all along, the gardeners were
assured that construction would be to the west of their site and would not
impact them. This is true. The construction of the new building which are
now going to be built will be to the west of the gardens with existing
tennis courts inbetween. Now the staff of the Park and Rec. District has
desided that the gardens don't belong at the center--that they are ugly and
only serve the 30 gardeners who rent the plots. They want to replace it
with a sand vollyball court, a picnic table and a half basketball court.
This has gone to the board of directors and , even though about 1,000
signatures form towns folk were collected to keep the garden in that spot,
they voted to move the garden to a park on the edge of existing town, 4 to
1.  I am the 1. I would like to know if you could provide us with any
information that may help us overturn this vote. Do you have knowlege of
any other community centers with gardens attached? Any statistics that show
people benifited form gardens, how it helps the community etc? If so could
you get that information to me ASAP? Thanks! Alice Quinn, 2300 N. Livermore
Ave., Livermore, CA 94550. alicewholoveshorses@yahoo.com