RE: Carpet in paths

The Clinton Community Garden in NYC has traditionally used brick for it's
garden paths because we were built on a rubble filled lot where a tenement
buildings had been previously. Our garden paths are dug out, bricks laid and
then filled in with sand. Our paths need weeding but the bricks do not cause
any adverse pollution.

Your seniors are obviously not going to want to do this for money and
physical reasons. May I suggest a project of this sort be done by energetic
young folks ( with good backs) and the materials, beer and pizza be funded
through grants and other fundraising means?

Good luck,