Hi, Jeanie,

Thanks for posting the CFP. I really look forward to attending, hopefully
with others from Charlotte, NC. I do have a couple questions: Did I not get
the entire workshop list? Does the workshop list suggest the appropriate
subjects for papers?

I can't help noticing that there are no technical gardening issues-nothing on
urban soils or composting or partnering with environmental groups interested
in native plants (a potential area for skill and enterprise building in low
income neighborhoods). I'm not saying that ACGA _should_ address such
horticultural and agro-ecological issues. ACGA does invaluable and important
work. That said, for the dirt gardeners among us, it does seem a bit odd to
head off to a gardening meeting where the entire focus is on organizing,
political, economic and marketing issues, with nary a flower, veggie or
compost pile in sight. At the official sessions, that is-I imagine away from
the organized meetings, gardeners will talk about things we love doing at
least as much as the things we ought to be doing.

Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC

In a message dated 3/20/00 10:13:28 AM, jeanie.abi-nader@frontiercoop.com