Don, as we all know and love his sage advice, is a star. He knows so much
about all that green dirt gardening stuff. My hero for sure. Gee I'd love to
be there to meet you all in non-cyberspace - but I'm chained to NYC.
Bulldozer season is warming up and we have gardens to protect here. It's

Maybe it's different on the mainland, but here in Manhattan community
gardening is awfully political. I get developers looking at our garden
everyday salivating. However, when they see the parks dept sign, their
dreams of sugarplums and luxury condos get quickly dissapated. We love to
garden, but without the political will to back gardeners up, gardeners are
playing soldiers and native american, and guess who has the bows and arrows
versus the gatling guns!

Best wishes.