LOL!  Of course Adam is right, community gardening is political. It isn't
easy to make gardens in the urban jungle. My hat's off to all of you who
manage to create gardens and keep them going in the face of salivating
developers, rogue mayors, rats that gnaw steel, etc. But shouldn't there be
at least some small place on the agenda for the 'seeds and soil' part of
gardening (and in ACGA for people interested in such things)?
Don 'Green Star' Boekelheide
Charlotte NC

(Adam's post brings back a memory-from lots longer ago than I care to admit-
when this California boy spent a year working in New York, the _big_ 'City'.
After work one Friday night, I went by myself to a Patti Smith concert.
There, a New York kid took a dislike to my face and begin shoving me,
insulting me, challenging me to step outside. I was utterly bewildered for a
minute-this wasn't very cool, man. When I finally realized what was going on,
it all seemed so bizarre that I burst out laughing uncontrollably. Some of
the guy's friends started laughing too, and he lost interest. Probably saved
me (or at least a pair of glasses). New York, New York! Hey, that wasn't you,