Fwd: K-12 Environmental Education (fwd)

If anyone can help Joan out, please respond to her at:

Joan Ennis <ennisjoan@hotmail.com>

Thank you,

Katy Wang

Hello,

My name is Joan Ennis and I am interested in learning more about your
organization.  I've been working with one of the major hardware and
garden "super stores" as a temp and have been trying to encourage them to be
more environmentally sensitive by composting, recycling, or just plan
passing on materials they no longer have use for to some who would
(non-profit/schools).

As we all know, the bigger the retail store, the bigger waste.  I too, like
you organization would rather come up with solutions than
just criticizing a business.

I serve only as a volunteer and concern citizen and have no authority in any
business but my own (counselor/private practice).  What I'm truly interested
in is seeing how some of our super stores could possibly assist with funding
some green houses at their local schools.

I know these programs already exist (yahoo!) and hope you could give me a
list to research.

I would also be interested in any scientific data that may reveal how
learning environments are enhanced with the presence of plants.  And I would
be interested in any feedback you may have regarding this idea.

I've taken enough of your time already.  I'll wait to hear from you!

Thanks for your time and efforts!
Joan