Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #283 - 2 msgs

I'd suggest mulch paths for gardens or heavy leaf mulching.  Wheel chairs can
move on them (not easily) but in our community the material is free for the
taking (Greg and I have done MANY neighborhood drives picking up bags of fall
leaves - it's a hoot to see the reactions!)  Our refuse dept. provides bark
mulch which we have used to both cover cracked cement walkways and inside our
garden area around the raised beds. We like the fact that it will all
eventually improve soil, smells and looks good and is free.  Sanger Heights
Neighborhood Assoc. Community Garden