RE: RE: CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Hi folks-
Here in Hartford, it's the mayor who gnaws steel, and sometimes we have
difficulty telling the difference between the developers and the rats.  In
spite of Tip O'Neill's observation that all politics are local, it seems to
me that it is usually this kind of political/structural stuff indicated in
the CFP is what rises to the surface when we talk community gardening at the
national level.  It's the gardening itself which is local, based on climate,
soil, etc.  Usually at the conference we have presenters who have pretty
good dirt experience doing the workshops, so we get that flavor, and
certainly the hallway conversation often heads in the horticultural
direction.  Then, of course there are occasional regional conferences like
the one in Phoenix that tend to have a little more of the gardening aspect
because they draw people from similar climates.  One way or another, you
should be able to get your dose.  See you in Atlanta.
Jack Hale