RE: campus gardens

I can't think of a school that is doing that.  Seems like you should be able
to get some help up that way, though.  You have the National Gardening
Association, Shelburne Farms, and the Food Project all within a stone's
throw of UVM, not to mention those wild folks in Winooski who wanted to
build a dome over the whole town some years ago.   In the past NGA had some
good connections with various types of institutional gardens of one kind or
another.  Good luck.
Jack Hale