RE: Elk Grove Mission Statement Brainstorm

Was it the Clinton Community Garden's  By-laws Section 2  - "Purpose"
section of our corporate by-laws that you're talking about?

If so thanks for the plug. We keep this stuff on the web to aid community
gardeners on the web - to keep them from having to re-invent the wheel. You
should  find similar statements hidden in the rules and by-laws of other
Community Gardens listed on the ACGA website - thinking of that - the ACGA
boilerplate may be useful to you as well. There's also some very good
language to be found on the Trust for Public Land website too.

My standard membership message:
Soleil, once you're established as a garden,i.e. in the ground,  please
consider joining the American Community Gardening Association.  For 25 bucks
a year you instantly become part of an international organization (we have
Canadians, Japanese and a coupla European members) of community gardeners.
Check out this link for all the goodies you can get as a member:
There are karmic benefits to joining the ACGA as well.
Glad to hear that things are progressing with your group. Please stay in