Re: benefits

Good luck on your thesis; it's good to have people looking into how
community gardening benefits a community. I can send you a copy of "What
Good is Community Gardening?", originally published in the CG Review.

There's plenty of anecdotal info out there, if what you want to do is
collate what other people have already said.  But if you want to do some
original research, here's what's missing: No one to our knowledge has ever
sat down with crime statistics and actually documented how much personal
crime figures in a neighborhood drop when community gardens are added to
the equation. We all know THAT it happens, we all know WHY it happens, but
we don't have the figures to prove it. This could be your big chance at
fame, fortune, and saving the CG movement at the same time!

Keep us all posted. Thanks!

Sally McCabe
ACGA National Office