Re: Pet Waste and Composting / Manure Tea

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Pet Waste and Composting / Manure Tea
  • From: Christianstreet@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 08:07:44 EST

I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my question about
pet waste and composting. I realize that I hadn't fully explained my
gardening situation -- it's a one-parcel vacant lot in a distressed
neighborhood. Although fenced in, it's regularly visited by a pack of feral
cats. I shoveled out several dead cats while clearing the lot of weeds and
trash. Area residents regularly lob loaded Pampers over the fence, so there's
probably human fecal contamination as well. Under the circumstances, I
wouldn't plant so much as an herb for human consumption in the space, which
is why I'm more interested in how to use pet waste than what bad things might
happen to people who eat it.

You can see the space in question at

http://archives.rblanchard.com/michelle_cutner/