Urban Park Study - Applicable To Accessible Urban Community Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Urban Park Study - Applicable To Accessible Urban Community Gardens
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:20:27 -0500

Friends,

This is paper may be of interest to many of you. Albeit about traditional
parks, most of the findings on property values & parks are applicable to
well kept and accessible urban community gardens. In the experience of the
community garden that I am involved with, the Clinton Community Garden in
NYC, we have discovered that local landlords have been making voluntary
contributions to the garden because, "you guys dress up the block, make it
easy to rent an apartment."

NYC landlords have hearts about as  large as a sesame seed, so obviously for
them to do this we're viewed as an asset to sales.

 An issue paper by Economic Research Associates.

 http://www.econres.com/documents/issue_papers/issue_era_7_urban_parks.pdf