On Topic - Community Gardening in Tough Times

  • Subject: [cg] On Topic - Community Gardening in Tough Times
  • From: "Greg Lecker" glecker@michaudcooley.com
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 17:35:58 -0600

Day to day, I find myself torn on the war issue; and I'm torn even as to
whether I want to think about it that day.  If on any given day, I don't
want to read about the specific topic (treated wood, war, or worms), I
quickly and painlessly delete messages after reading the Subject or
the first few lines.  Other days, I will more thoughtfully consider the
writers' sentiments and note the information presented.  I do value the
opportunity to consider as many different viewpoints as possible.

On one hand, I want to oppose war not fully supported by the United
Nations and Europe; a war that will have wide-reaching ramifications
to the Kurds, the Arab world, the Iraq people, Turkey, and Israel.  On
the other hand, I want to support our troops and my reservist brother
(thankfully not called to active duty abroad yet) who commit
themselves in service to our country in a way that I cannot.

Greg Lecker
Bryn Mawr Garden Club
Minneapolis, MN