Re: Florida Gardeners

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Florida Gardeners
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:53:00 EST

Try this link:

I don't know how old this link is,it says that,
"Florida has several community gardens programs. Tampa, St. Petersburg,
Delray Beach, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and most recently, Sarasota, all
have community gardens in lower income and blighted areas. Land is typically
found through city agencies and the projects are supported by partnerships
consisting of combinations of local governments, county extension services,
waste authorities, private donations and volunteers, and social service

My best guess would be to contact the Florida State Extension agents who
cover the municipalities listed above. Who knows, by hooking up with these
gardens, and their funders, you might be able to organize a better event than
you thought possible.

Please remember, though, to have a table containing ACGA technical,
educational and membership materials.  Currently, yours is the only Florida
group on our website.  We know we have more "family" in your state. Please
help us learn who they are.  Florida might be a great place to have an ACGA

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman,
Volunteer,  <A HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html";> </A>C
<A HREF="http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/";>linton Community Garden</A>