Re: Rusted water drums - what to do?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Rusted water drums - what to do?
  • From: Pat_Elazar@cwb.ca
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:11:30 -0600

Someone on the list may have a better memory of the chemical process than I, but there's certainly nothing in the rust (iron oxide) that wasnt either in the water or the drum to start with. Iron is an essential nutrient- although I dont remember if the rust form of Iron Oxide is particularly available to plants.

The only problem I can see would be sediment clogging up your sprinklers/watering cans?

Adam36055@aol.com
Sent by: community_garden-admin@mallorn.com

03/24/2003 02:31 PM