Water question

  • Subject: [cg] Water question
  • From: "Jason Bailey" <BailJ@drmc.com>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:14:02 -0800

Does anyone have a useful equation or process by which to project approximate water costs for community gardens based on acreage?  I'm trying to determine a reasonable monthly stipend to charge the gardeners to offset the water cost which I suspect could end up being substantial.  We are thinking of asking gardeners to buy their own mini drip system to conserve but already some individuals are suggesting this is not affordable and defeats the purpose.  Any information or other ideas in ways to offset water expense would be greatly appreciated.

Jason A. Bailey
Business & Fund Development
Delano Regional Medical Center
661-721-5607
www.drmc.com

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Chinese Proverb