Re: Anyone out there a "gardening addict"?
- Subject: [cg] Re: Anyone out there a "gardening addict"?
- From: Don Boekelheide <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:30:59 -0800 (PST)
You know you're a gardening addict when...
- You know all the words to all the versions of Dave
Mallett's Garden Song ("Inch by inch, row by row...")
and sing it pretty much constantly, in the shower,
stuck in traffic, at concerts...
- You start calling your children by botanical names,
capitalizing only the genus, er, family name and
putting it first, as in Smithus, dickius and janieous.
Or Jonesius maryformus var.
- You think talking dirty means softly whispering the
- You stand in the rain watering, just in case your
new seedlings might not get enough moisture
- You may not like a certain Republican president, but
still can't believe he's all bad with a name like
'Bush'. (He just needs to be transplanted, somewhere
far far away...)
- (for organic gardeners) you decide to start a blue
water 12-step group for folks who can't let go of
(and, hey, that's Zone 7, y'know, baby...)
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden