[cg] question on allotment/community gardening

I  followed this list for a short time before changing servers and I have
finally come up with a question. IT looks like I am going to be moving to
Louisville, and the apt I would take has no balcony or little place at this
time for containers or anything. :-(

I usually this list is directed around NewYork and lots of politics therein.

1- Does anyone know of community gardens in Louisville Ky.
2- If there isn't one and I am brave enough to start one is dealing with
city hall such a headache?
3- Can someone define a community garden for me please?

Master Gardener Intern (Student),  Zone 7a low of 9F this year in not yet
Humid Cullman, Alabama.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
                                                             - Cicero

"If life is a process of discovering who we are, Y2K is when we find out."
                                Tom Atlee, President, Co-Intelligence Institute