RE: How many CG in U.S.?

NYC with it's 7.5 million has 500 - 600 community gardens as of this morning
( sometimes this administration bulldozes a few in a day, I'm serious!)
Which gives us one garden per 15,000 residents. But comrades, we are dealing
with one of the worst ratios of people to open space in any major American
city 1.5 acres per 1,000 citizens. And this includes Prospect, Van Contlandt
and Monaco Sized Central Park.  Boston is positively verdant with 2.5 per
thousand. Gardeners consume alot of adult beverage, but often it's high
sodium because of the considerable crying that we do in our beer. So we
drink more.

In case anyone thinks that these gardens need to be destroyed to house the
teeming millions, we have an additional 11,000 vacant lots that could be
built on before a single garden is bulldozed.

Upstate is so sparsely occupied, we send them NYC residents on a regular
basis via the draconic Rockefeller Drug Laws, to help populate Pataki land
for 10-25 year stretches. Those upstate rustbelt type towns are so desperate
for cash, they compete over who gets the prisons. The La Esperanza garden
was destroyed with snow on the ground, so the garden wars are a year round
affair here.

In envy of those who merely battle indifference,

Adam Honigman