RE: dry weather

This isn't a question, just sharing.  Was working at our nearby farm
yesterday and the ground was so dry and hard from the drought here that we
had to use pick-axes instead of hoes for weeding.  To plant tomatoes we
hooked an auger to the tractor and drilled holes over a foot deep before we
hit soil with detectable moisture.

The scary thing is that spring is our wet season.  I hope we get a break
before you all come to Atlanta for the conference.  The urban gardens aren't
so hard hit, but we want to look nice for y'all.

Community Garden Coordinator
Atlanta Community Food Bank
970 Jefferson Street, NW
Atlanta, GA  30318