community garden video

Hi Hope,

A friend forwarded your email about the video on community gardening.

I am part of an organization called Greenest City - we work in several different areas: greening, transportation and energy.  We've worked with quite a few community gardens as well - basically facilitation in getting the process going and providing whatever ongoing supports may be needed.

We plan to do a video on one of these gardens - at a primarily Chinese seniors residence.  I would like to hear about your own experience with having this video made - technicalities, logistics, cost?  It would actually be very helpful - at the moment I am trying to put a project team together and raise funds at the same time.  We were thinking of making a 20 minute video about the gardeners' experiences, stories and skills - the unique and creative way they have adapted their culture/farming traditions to growing food in the city.  As well, the video would touch on the issue of urban agriculture, food security and organizations involved with community garden/ food issues in Toronto.

I would be very interested in knowing more about the process you (Growing Power) went through and what some of the difficulties might have been.  Thanks very much! I would really appreciate it.

With regards,
Seema Patel
Multicultural Greening Project Coordinator, Greenest City