Re: Bizarre neighbor

Pastor Chuck:

First, thank you for your response.  I greatly appreciate your input.
Please allow me to explain "labels".  Perhaps the subject line should read
"bizarre encounter" as opposed to "...neighbor" --- I had a very long day in
the garden after being horizontal for 5 days with the intestinal flu and I
was still dazed by the encounter.  As for the "Methodist" title, it was in
parenthesis as an afterthought to show they were not of the same theology as
we (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America).  I don't know if Methodist view
stewardship of this God-given planet the same as we do -- the ELCA
formulated a mission statement on the ecology/environment in 1993.  Because
I don't know much at all about the Methodist theology, I was hoping to
receive some light on the subject to better understand where their view
point.  Thus, be better equipped to handle any more encounters.

If you would provide me with your address, I will forward a copy of the
ELCA's mission statement on the ecology/environment.  Then, perhaps you can
tell me where we (ELCA & Methodists) agree & disagree.

As for our own congregation, yes, we have difficult people.  However, no one
opposes the community garden.  We have received numerous accolades from the
congregation & passerby's, as well as other neighbors.

I look forward to hearing from you.  Peace be with you.

Cyndy Ross, Chairperson
Fellowship, SLLC Organic Community Garden, Memorial Garden, & 'Welcoming
Wagon' committees
Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church
2399 Figa Avenue
W. Bloomfield, MI 48324-1808