(no subject)

For those of you who have been long term members of ACGA, I was wondering if
any of you are familar with one of the first vice presidents.  His name is
Ian Robertson and started many community gardens in Savanna, Georgia in the
1970s.  He's my horticulture professor and the dean of work here at Warren
Wilson College.  I have been going to school here for three years and had
known Ian for some time, but had no idea he was one of the first members to
start up the ACGA 20 years ago.  Today in class we talked about his first
years here in America where he started commiunity gardens in Savanna, showed
us slides, and then talked about being one of ACGA's first vice presidents
and how he helped to organize one of the first conferences.  I was just so
impressed by this, that I just had to share it with all the rest of you,
especially if any of you old members know him.  Anyway, I hope all of you are

"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
                                                - Mahatma Ghandi

                    .:James : Warren Wilson College Community Garden:.