RE: FW: Gardens in Scranton

  • Subject: RE: [cg] FW: Gardens in Scranton
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:53:39 -0400

Reverend Duncan,

Shalom! Think Hunger. Community Gardening is the only form of recreation
that actually feeds people ( low income gardeners, fat middle-class people
like me and local food pantries.) It's a way for the city fathers/mothers to
kill two birds with one stone.

Here are some links and rules and guidelines from the garden where I
volunteer in NYC called the Clinton Community Garden. Please feel free to
canibalize them and say that they came to you as an inspiration ( showing
you what committees do - our garden rules sign has 13 commandments and is in
English, Spanish and Classical Arabic - translated by gardeners.

Need I say that agreeing on the "English translation" was the hardest?

Our main website:

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org

Front garden rules:

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/rules_&_regulations.htm

Rear garden rules:

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/rear_garden_rules.htm

Plot assignment:

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/plot_assignment_procedures.htm

Corporate By-Laws ( were a 501 (c)(3)not-for-profit corporation)

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/bylaws.htm

Recent meeting minutes from our Steering committee ( we use Roberts Rules,
gently)

http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/steering_committee_minutes.htm

Here is a link to the ACGA website:

http://www.communitygarden.org

General benefits of community gardening. Also please scroll down. Links to
community gardens in Canada are listed here, and many of them play community
garden better than we do in NYC. Please look at them and cannibalize them (
with some fava beans and an Amarone - I read the book before  I saw the
movie which serves Chianti. I'm a snob, I like Amarone better :))

http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html#Generalcg

For many of us community gardening is next to Godliness, but you already
know that,

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer at the Clinton Community Garden
and Congregation Emanu-El's Sunday Lunch Program