visiting Washington, D.C.

My family and I will be in Washington, D.C. most of June and July and while my hubby is working I and the kids will be sightseeing. We'll be staying near Arlington. I was wondering if I could get together with some community gardeners and perhaps visit a garden. I live in Glendale, AZ which has a dearth (that is, 0) community gardens. I hope to interest our City Council and neighbors in the idea.
You can email me directly (lschmoetzer@netscape.net) if anyone is interested in a visitor from the very dry Southwest!