Three ingredient Cooking

  • Subject: [cg] Three ingredient Cooking
  • From: "oliver ginsberg" ginsberg@blinx.de
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 00:28:37 +0200

Dear Sharon,

I don't see, why three ingredients recipies should be more fresh and healthy
than lets say five ingredients, but anyhow minimalistic cooking sounds like
a good way to (re-)discover the basic taste of things. Being a slow food fan
I support anything that makes self cooking more exciting than dinner tv. But
please, can you explain to me - not being familiar with American cuisine -
what means "roasted smoothie style"?

Personally, after some years of spartanic wholefood recipies I came to enjoy
more diversity once again, like "take five fusion" cooking? Basic idea:
invite five of your friends from different national backgrounds for cooking
and lets say another 20 of as many backgrounds as you can get ahold of for
dinner and celebrate diversity of cooking. You need a big kitchen, well
equipped garden or urban farm for that, but then slow food is not about
recipies alone - it is about cultivating eating as a social event too -
isn't it?

greetings from Berlin

Oliver