RE: Three ingredient Cooking

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Three ingredient Cooking
  • From: Sharon Gordon gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 20:36:24 -0400

I don't see, why three ingredients recipies should be more fresh and healthy
than lets say five ingredients, but anyhow minimalistic cooking sounds like
a good way to (re-)discover the basic taste of things.

***True, I have seen 20 ingredient recipes that are very fresh and healthy.
The three ingredients do allow the taste to come through, and hopefully with
fresh ripe foods the taste is especially wonderful.

  But
please, can you explain to me - not being familiar with American cuisine -
what means "roasted smoothie style"?

***In this case, one of the clementine halves is roasted.  Then it is put in
a blender and blended until it is as smooth as a milkshake.  In the US, many
drinks which are a combination of blended fruits, or fruit and yogurt, or
other usually healthy combinations have been named "smoothies".  In this
recipe though the smoothie-like material is used as an ingredient in the
salad dressing.  I can't find a german language book on smoothies at
amazon.de, but here is a picture of one from an English language book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0761525750/ref=lib_rd_ss_TFCV/
102-2408270-4855365?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader&img=1#reader-link

 Basic idea:
invite five of your friends from different national backgrounds for cooking
and lets say another 20 of as many backgrounds as you can get ahold of for
dinner and celebrate diversity of cooking.

***It is fun to do things like that, to see how different cultures use the
ingredients, and to enjoy the company of people from different backgounds--a
great combination of SlowFood and SlowFriends.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net