Re: Vietnamese/English and Sudanese/English translation for vegetableplants

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Vietnamese/English and Sudanese/English translation for vegetableplants
  • From: Pat_Elazar@cwb.ca
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:29:22 -0500

Hi Teva!

Here is a page with English & botanical names of most Asian vegetables: http://www.nre.vic.gov.au/trade/asiaveg/thes-00.htm

As for Sudanese, in the north of Sudan they speak Arabic & the vegetables are pretty similar to Mediteranean European faire with the addition of Jute (Corchorus Olitorius). I would be happy to translate a specific item for you if need be- just mail me off list.

In southern Sudan, people speak indigenous languages like Dinka or Baree, for which you will probably not find any English dictionaries.

Good luck!

"Dawson, Teva L." <TLDawson@dmgov.org>
Sent by: community_garden-admin@mallorn.com

05/20/2003 03:08 PM