Lisa's recipe and more smoothie books WAS smoothie

  • Subject: [cg] Lisa's recipe and more smoothie books WAS smoothie
  • From: Sharon Gordon gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:18:55 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: community_garden-admin@mallorn.com
[mailto:community_garden-admin@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of pop.gmx.de
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 5:54 PM
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
thanks for introducing me to the smoothie world! Actually I use the blender
a lot, but now I am aware of another name for what I create with it. The
book looks tasty and inspiring. I will try to get ahold of it in old Europe.
Lisa, could you you repeat your friend's recipe in plain text version?

***Here is Lisa's recipe in plain text

Onion Pomegranate Salad

                         2 large red onions, halved and sliced

                        1 tsp. Salt

                        1/4 cup red wine vinegar

                        1-cup pomegranate seeds

                        1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice

In a colander, toss the onion with salt. Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
Drain thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.

In a salad bowl, combine the onion, vinegar, pomegranate seeds, juice, and a
pinch more salt if desired. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours. Serves six.

***More smoothie books:  If you go to http://www.amazon.com and search on
smoothie in the title or in the subject, you can turn up several really good
books.  If you sort by bestselling, you can see which are the most favorite.
While waiting for a book try putting a frozen banana and some frozen sweet
cherries(with seeds removed)in the blender to make a very tasty smoothie.
And there are also over 60 smoothie recipes at this site: