Job opening: Marketing and Communications Director, Project for Public Spaces

  • Subject: [cg] Job opening: Marketing and Communications Director, Project for Public Spaces
  • From: "Harriet Festing" hfesting@pps.org
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:35:37 -0400

Marketing and Communications Director

Project for Public Spaces is a membership organization that helps
communities and professionals make great places. With 27 years of
placemaking experience behind us, we are at the forefront of the
international movement to create more livable towns and cities. Our 25+
staff have worked in over 1,000 communities across the U.S. and in 12
countries overseas.

Traditionally focused on technical assistance, PPS has recently begun
broadcasting its efforts in advocacy and outreach. We have made
significant progress: a growing constituency base and developing
initiatives in membership, training, web resources, conferences,
publications and e-communications.

We are now positioning our organization to build a powerful social
movement that changes the way communities are planned and designed. To
help us achieve this goal, we are seeking an experienced and highly
motivated individual to direct our marketing and communications.

This is a great opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new
initiative, while building on PPS successes and reputation established
over 27 years. At least five years experience in related areas is
desirable.

Salary: around $40-55,000, commensurate with experience, plus full
benefits.

For job profile and specification visit:
http://www.pps.org/Who_We_Are/job_openings.html

Harriet Festing
Assistant Vice President, Marketing
Project for Public Spaces
153 Waverly Place, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10014
hfesting@pps.org
212-620-5660

Project for Public Spaces
building community - creating places - using common sense
parks & plazas - markets - transportation - civic design

27 years - 1000 communities - 46 states - 12 countries
training & education - publications - planning & visioning
become a member - visit our websites

Project for Public Spaces: http://www.pps.org
DowntownNYC: http://www.downtownnyc.org
Urban Parks Online: http://www.urbanparks.pps.org