Re: Getting rid of a dandelion lawn

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Getting rid of a dandelion lawn
  • From: Tamsin Salehian <tamsin@sparecreative.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 00:10:30 +1000

Title: Re: [cg] Getting rid of a dandelion lawn
Hi, I have tried solarisation on small plots and it works well to clear the ground (depending on the temperature and moisture), also have used old heavy carpet which takes a fair bit longer but works fairly well by cutting out light and composting what’s underneath it (in both methods watch your edges).
Goodluck, the prairie will be beautiful, I tried a miniature native grassland once with our natives which are quite different to North American ones but it is fun to watch the different species unfold and also the great insect life.