Fordham Graduation Party for a Community Gardener - 05/22/04

  • Subject: [cg] Fordham Graduation Party for a Community Gardener - 05/22/04
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:24:56 EDT

Friends,

You are invited to a graduation party, this Saturday, May 22nd, 2004 at 6:00 PM in NYC's Clinton Community Garden, on West 48th Street, Between 9th & 10th Avenues.

As you may know, my late wife, Allegra Benveniste Honigman, RN, CCN, BASW died on January 9th 2004. Allegra had served as steering committee member and  long-time gardener at the Clinton Community Garden in NYC.   Clinton Community Garden .

During  her over 30 year career as a nurse, Allegra cared for thousands of patients, was a strong advocate for accessible universal single payer health care, quality public education,  regionally based agriculture & food security and was in her own very special way, "the mayor of 9th Avenue." Allegra was as much loved by her community, colleagues and members of her exended family as by our son and me.

My wife Allegra was also a fine student and had completed her Fordham University course work for a Bachelors in Social Work before she died.

After our son Daniel Benveniste Honigman and I receive her diploma and watch the first awarding  of the "Allegra Benveniste Honigman, RN, BASW Graduate Award in Social Work," at Fordham  University on Saturday afternoon we will be holding the garden reception we promised her during Thanksgiving Dinner last fall.

This is an invitation to an informal garden party celebrating the graduation this Saturday, May 22nd, 2004 of my late wife,  Allegra Benveniste Honigman RN, CCN from the Fordham University School of Social Work.