Ideas needed for gleaner

  • Subject: [cg] Ideas needed for gleaner
  • From: Sandy Mehling <slm64@cornell.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:46:34 -0400

The gleaning program here in Orange County New York has been running about a year now,  with good outcomes so far.  As the season progressed last year, I ran into two problems repeatedly .  1.  Lack of refrigeration at the food pantries, and 2.  very limited hours to drop off donations of gleaned vegetables.  What I'm looking for is a big cooler- say big enough to hold 3-4 cases of vegetables at a time.  I could get ice for on top to maintain the temp until the pantry opens-- a few hours or overnight, but haven't had any luck locating the right thing.  I contacted Coleman, they don't make one.  I contacted a couple party rental places, no go.  Any ideas?

Sandy Mehling
Gleaning Coordinator
Cornell Coop. Ext.
1 Ashley Ave