weather-resistant bulletin boards

  • Subject: [cg] weather-resistant bulletin boards
  • From: "Rhonda Teitel-Payne" <rhonda@thestop.org>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:45:02 -0400

Hi Jude!

We were fortunate enough to have someone with a knack for carpentry to build us a wooden sign with a corkboard and a hinged plexiglas cover.  If I were to do it again, I would use corkboard that was at least 1/2" thick to minimize buckling.

The much less enviro-friendly option is to find someone who has a laminator and seal your notices.  I would do that only for things that will be up for a couple of months or so.  You don't want to be laminating things that you'll be disposing of quickly or anything that should last from year to year. It takes longer, but water will get at laminates as well eventually.

Good luck!

Rhonda Teitel-Payne
Urban Agriculture Coordinator
The Stop Community Food Centre
Phone: 416-652-7867x22  Fax: 416-652-2294
P.O. Box 69, Stn. E., Toronto, ON. M6H 4E1

Check-out our web site: http://www.thestop.org