Re: Re: Dealing with deer

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Re: Dealing with deer
  • From: David Smead smead@amplepower.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

In Vermont in the 1940s and 50s, when deer and raccoons were more than
plentiful, we used a battery powered electric fence to keep them out of
the garden.

It's a bit of a project because you need two wires down low for the
varmits, and a couple other ones for the deer.  Our fence driver didn't
tolerate much grass connections, so we had to go around with clippers once
a week under the low wires.

But it did work!

\/
Sincerely,