Upside Down Tomatoes Project

  • Subject: [cg] Upside Down Tomatoes Project
  • From: "Jim Call" jimcall@casagarden.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:39:41 -0500

For those seeking more info on how to grow tomatoes upside down, you may
want to visit this page on my site...
http://www.casagarden.com/garden_views.htm

This was a great project working with Cub Scouts, their moms and dads a few
weeks ago.  Actually, I was overseeing this project, a pole bean trellis
project and about 2 other gardening activities during the same volunteer
session.  It was a mad house during those 2 hours.

If anyone has any comments or advice about this project, please email me.  I
thought this would be a good asset to those CGs who have a limited gardening
area. So far, if anything, they sure make a good conversation piece.

By the way, as far as the tomato selection for these planters, we used
whatever was left over from Planting Day (donated)... Brandywine, Celebrity
and one other variety.  Next year, I plan to be more selective.

I have another gardening project I hope to be begin testing within the next
few weeks called The Great Tomato Bank.  If successful, I hope to implement
it next spring in a couple of senior citizen retirement towers.

I like to try different and new gardening ideas.  Sometimes, they work out
and sometimes they do not.  Such is life... a roller coaster of up and down
experiences. Gardening sure makes it interesting.

Hope this helps,

Jim Call, CASA Community Garden
          www.casagarden.com