Re: [cg] NYC Auction -STOPPED! Gardens bought by TPL & Bette Midler's Fund

Having grown up in NJ outside of NY, currently living outside of DC, who's Post is not quite the cutting
edge paper, I was absolutely thrilled to see the NYC garden on the Wash. Post's front page 2 days in a

I had a lot of hard-headed faith that somehow good would come, and it did.

Oodles of thanks and praise to everyone who did anything at all, even the least feeling of hope, to save
the last bastions of gardening in NYC!

And let's keep this trend going in ALL cities. We have a strong momentum, the attention of many more
eyes, and the ability to preseve gardens across the country.

Happy Gardening!

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint.
When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."
- Dom Helder Camara

Food is power... are you in control of yours?