Re: junipers

Greetings!
Where exactly is your juniper turning brown? If it seems to be turning
brown from the inside out, chances are that it's just getting ready for
winter. This is the time of year when evergreens shed their unwanted
needles--you may have noticed sudden carpets of needles under pine trees,
whose needles are larger and much more visible. Junipers and cedars and
such do the same.
If the plant is turning brown from the outside, at the tips, then there's
a problem. You may wish to consult with the local Cooperative Extension
Service office.
Happy gardening!
Jennifer Barricklow
North Haven CT