Re: More Recycled items in community garden

Hi, All--

One of my most popular slide presentations is of household throwaways
gaining new life as garden tools.  Community gardens are the ultimate
testimony of gardeners' creativity borne of matching a throwaway with a
need.  No photos illustrating the article yet, but check out these 50 ways
to start...

Go to http://celosangeles.ucdavis.edu; click on Common Ground Garden
Program, then on "Recycle 'Useless' Items Into Garden Tools," and start

At 08:46 AM 11/16/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Here's a site with some garden items made from recycled items.
>Has anyone tried using the diffussion panels as a cloche before?
>That was a new idea to me.  There are also some different uses of
>pallets than I have seen before.
>  http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.wiltshire/le4.htm

Yvonne Savio
Common Ground Garden Program Manager
University of California Cooperative Extension in Los Angeles County
2 Coral Circle, Monterey Park, CA 91755
Phone:	323-838-4532
Fax:		(323) 838-7408
Email:		ydsavio@ucdavis.edu
Website:	celosangeles.ucdavis.edu

Volunteers of the Common Ground Garden Program--Master Gardeners, Master
Food Preservers, Gardening Angels (school gardens), and Community
Gardens--help low-income county residents grow and eat more of their own food.