after school garden program query

  • Subject: [cg] after school garden program query
  • From: "Lisa Brukilacchio" <lisa.b@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:08:49 -0800

I am contacting various programs that offer childrens' garden programming, particularly after school. I am trying to research whether such programs are doing any type of surveys or other assessment activities with participants ( kids, parents, teachers). I am especially interested in any evaluations related to outcomes or goals that have been established for the programs.
I am involved with a garden project that runs a series of after school sessions throughout the year in Somerville MA. As I am working towards a Masters in Education, I am researching the above issue and would appreciate any answer; pleas respond to lisa.b@erols.com
With the big push on after school funding at the national level, I am interested in how garden and other community based environmental hands-on education programs are being able to meet the rising demand for evaulation and documention.
Lisa Brukilacchio