FW: Holiday Card - Fundraiser

  • Subject: [cg] FW: Holiday Card - Fundraiser
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:15:18 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Honigman, Adam
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 12:51 PM
To: 'Alliums'
Subject: Holiday Card - Fundraiser

For starters, anyone who wants to do community garden cards for this season ( and the frost is on the pumpkin) can probably get some Currier & Ives clip art off the web ( or a cheapie Dover Publishing clip art booklet) throw in a snappy CG line. and create a file for an outfit like Kinko's to crank out. Got with the lightest stock of paper you can without looking too chintzy and call it a day.
One year I used a one sider post card with a photocopied engraving of a sugar snap pea from a 1895 seed catalog. The caption?  "Peas on Earth"
For an ACGA fundraiser, I'm sure we could do something like those nice glossy note cards that your local botanic garden or parks conservancy uses so the note cards could be a year round seller ( my favorite from the Central Park Conservancy is the treelined Poets walk covered in snow.)
Like any other fundraiser, the board would have to cost it out, see if we could sell it and if anyone would want to take the risk of carrying it and selling it commericially.
Best wishes,
Adam Honigman