community gardening definition

  • Subject: [cg] community gardening definition
  • From: David Peterson dayvidmp@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:15:23 -0800 (PST)

Way back when I was in college, I wrote a paper on community gardening, and at the beginning, I put a quote from John Verin. The paper's gone, so I'm paraphrasing (John is on this list, so I hope he'll correct any mistakes):

---Community gardens are a place of expression for the people given the least voice in our society---

John was more eloquent, but the political aspects of community gardening have always fascinated and amazed me.

-David Peterson,
Austin, TX

Do you Yahoo!?