Re: Marvin Elem seeking help

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Marvin Elem seeking help
  • From: scolli@columbus.rr.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:44:37 -0500

Go to www.kidsgardening.com, which is on the website of the National
Gardening Association.  There is a plethora of information there on
gardening with kids informally and school gardens.  They have a school
garden registry with over 1500 school gardens across the country registered,
and they share information on garden themes/ideas, funding/fundraising,
methods, a resource directory, etc.  NGA also offer several grants for
children's gardens that give cash or garden supplies which you can access
through this site.  They also have several books available such as
Schoolyard Mosaics: Designing Gardens and Habitats and Steps to a Bountiful
Kids Garden.  Also, the Captain Planet foundation gives grants for
environmental education, including school gardens.

Shelly

We are stardust *million year old carbon* we are golden *caught in the
devil's bargain* and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden .  .  .